Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Hudson Pants

I've made the Hudson Pants a few times now. The first time the I chose some bamboo rayon french terry that grows like mad the second you touch it. It's so soft and comfy but the pants were given to my sister as they fit her better. The second time I chose a more stable knit I found at Joann. It's very soft and as an added bonus, is a bit sparkly. I'm behind in my posting, these were photographed back in July hence the lush background.



I don't have too much to say about these pants, they are very comfortable and I think very stylish. I wear them all the time and I think a black ponte version is in the near future for running errands. I never wear them with a shirt tucked in as you see in these photos but I appreciate being able to see the whole garment in pictures. The pattern went together easily and quickly. I can never seem to get the pockets to not stick out on any of my pairs (a woven and grey and peach crops!). I think the trickiest part of these pants is sewing the two stitching lines through the elastic waistband. Go slow and eventually you get a good feel for it. It's a really nice way to finish the waistband. For reference I made an 8 in this knit based on my hip measurement and shortened them by an inch as I am 5'4"


No comments: