Monday, March 22, 2010

FO: Bauhaus



Bauhaus Fair Isle by Mary Jane Mucklestone
Berroco Ultra Alpaca
US4 and US5

So I finally got some decent pictures of my husband's Christmas gift. Unfortunately the colors are a bit washed out. The sweater took about three months of monogamous knitting and was by far the most challenging thing I've knit. It did drag towards the end but overall I did enjoy it and I'm really proud of how it came out. After a good wet blocking my tension is very even and it has a nice drape. I used several colors of Berroco Ultra Alpaca and the maroon is a skein I picked up from the Coventry farmer's market two years ago. He picked all the colors and I really like the combo he came up with. I like this yarn for colorwork and would use it again. It is very dense but it's good for those really cold days. My only issue with the pattern is that the armholes are really big. Maybe my husband is thinner than most but there is more room than needed in that area. He still says it's comfortable but we know now to take a close look at armhole measurements for future sweaters. I've got the colorwork bug now though, after my Ravelympics sweater I stopped in to Woolworks for some yarn to make myself a color work vest. Hopefully I'll finish in time to wear it at least once this season.

1 comment:

kim said...

What an incredible knit. Beautiful job.